“One of the Best British Houses to book for the year ahead”
– Conde Nast Traveller
The adjoining annexe provided great accommodation for
our large 3 generation family – plenty of space for everyone
“The kitchen is great, very big and well equipped
and lots of room for everyone to sit down”
“The owners have thought of everything a large group might need.
The quality of beds and linens really does make a difference“
“would definitely recommend the caterers who produced an excellent meal”
“The house has an incredibly sociable feel to it and yet there is plenty of space to retreat”
Large, luxury self catering in the Wye Valley close to Hereford and Hay on Wye.
Awarded Winner of ‘Best Self Catering House in Herefordshire and Wye Valley 2016’ by Visit Herefordshire and ‘5 Stars’ by Visit England. In Conde Nast Traveller as ‘one of the Best British Houses to book for the year ahead‘ and in the Express as ‘Luxury Cottage to hire for those big family get-togethers‘.
The exceptional surroundings of Monnington House and The Cider Mill always interests our guests – situated down a tranquil lane encompassed by acres of cider orchards you will find this beautiful house and mill house in a rural situation on the edge of a family farm in the Wye Valley. Perfect for milestone celebrations, group get togethers and family holidays.
Anna Pearson-Gregory, owner
Sleeping up to 6 in luxurious self catering accommodation. There are 3 double bedrooms with 3 bathroom/shower rooms.
- Properties can be booked together as a total sleeps 24 or can be booked independently
- Idyllic location at the end of a No Through Road and on the Wye Valley Walk
- Well equipped working kitchens geared up for catering and numbers
- On site leisure facilities
- Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement in the house (and not annexe) and The Cider Mill
- Secluded gardens with south facing terraces and BBQ
- Pub within 16 minutes walking providing providing local food. Dogs welcome in bar area
- Fantastic farm shop is only 1.8 miles away. Great ready made food.
- Great local caterers available
- Easy access – ground floor bedrooms
- Plenty of parking
New – Virtual 3D Tours of the main house and annexe
I organised a family reunion at Monnington for my husband’s 60th birthday. It was the most fantastic venue, with beautifully appointed accommodation, set in large, child-friendly grounds. The house had ample cookware, crockery, glasses & cutlery & the double ovens, dishwashers & washing machines meant that catering for a large party was easy to do. Online delivery of groceries/wine was simple to arrange & the local country store was convenient for other treats during the week. It’s walking distance to the local pub, the Portway, when you’ve had enough of cooking & the other walks in the area are beautiful, especially when the apple blossom is out. A perfect week.