Dogs at Monnington
Monnington House welcomes up to 2 well behaved dogs. We occasionally accept more so please ask.
We provide the following:
- 2 medium sized dog crates in the boot room in the house with sherpa cage mats
- 2 dog bowls and large water bowl
- 2 dog towels and poop bags are provided
- Doggy Rocks provided in water bowl to avoid yellow patches on the lawns
- Separate bin for doggy poop bags
- Maps of local walks
- Extendable hose for washing down dirty dogs
Doggy Code at Monnington House
- On arrival please keep your dog(s) in the car whilst you get your bearings and are shown the house.
- Please keep your dogs on the lead when you first set off for your walk. There may be farmworkers working in the farm buildings.
- Dogs may not chase chase any livestock and must be put on the lead whilst walking through fields with sheep.
- Dogs are not allowed on any carpeted areas and this includes bedrooms.
- To avoid yellow patches on the lawns doggy rocks are provided in the water bowls. Please use them.
- Please close all gates behind you and follow the Countryside Code.
- Please collect all dog poop.
- Dog towels are provided for you. The white fluffy luxurious towels are not for dog use!
- For our guests with dogs and also for our guests without dogs we have a ‘Dog Terms’ which are detailed below.
- Dogs should be happy and comfortable on a working farm environment with livestock, working dogs and horses nearby. Please note there may be sheep grazing in fields which surround the property.
- Dogs need to be booked in just like humans. We charge £25 per dog per weekend and £50 per dog per week. Please note we do not accept dogs who have not been booked in.
- Dogs under 1 year old, elderly dogs who are incontinent and bitches in season are not permitted.
- Dogs who permanently bark continuously are not allowed as they may disturb other guests and neighbours.
- Dogs are permitted on the flagstone areas of the house and not in the cottage which we keep dog free for guests who may have allergies. Please refer to the floor plan under the ‘Accommodation’ tab which details the kitchen, dining area, snug, hall and boot room where flagstones are laid.
- Dogs are not permitted on any carpeted areas nor on any furniture.
- Dogs may not be left in the house unattended.
- An outside tap with extendable hose is provided to wash down muddy and dirty dogs. Please wash them down before entering the house.
- Dogs are not permitted in the playing field but are welcome in the large 2 acre garden.
- All dog poop to be collected.